ACCESS TO LECTURES AND OBSERVATORY
|St John at Hampstead
||Crypt Room from East
||Crypt Room from South
Lectures will be held in
The Crypt Room,
St John at Hampstead, Church Row
Tube: Hampstead, Northern Line
Buses: 46, 268
Plan your journey with TFL
To get to St John's Church from Hampstead Tube:
- Out of the exit (turning left if the exit is not at the corner of the crossroads), cross over Hampstead High St and proceed South along Heath St
- Turn right into Church Row
- St John's is the Church straight ahead
- The entrance to the Crypt Room is on the South (left hand) Side, past Harrison's Tomb, and down some steps.
Due to the draconian parking control measures which are currently in operation throughout the borough, you are advised to take note of the following:
- Visitors may park in any of the Resident and Permit holders bays after 8.00 (see map) EXCEPT FOR THE RESIDENTS BAYS IN CHURCH ROW WHICH NOW END AT 10.00pm!
- Visitors may park free of charge in the Pay & Display bays after 6.00 Such bays are to be found at both ends of Church Row and in Heath Street
- Do not park on double yellow lines or in private roads at any time as you will certainly receive a fine or worse your vehicle will be towed away
- You are strongly advised to read the signs next To parking bays as the council can change these without warning!
To get to Observatory from Hampstead Tube:
- Out of the exit turn right up Heath Street
- Carry on to the top of the hill, at Whitestone Pond
- Turn left parallel to the South side of the Pond, towards West Heath Road
- Almost immediately, you will find a gap to the left, for pedestrians, with a sign to Fenton House
- Go through the gap, onto Hampstead Grove
- Turn right, going away from Fenton House
- The Observatory is on the left.
Buses up Heath Street:
Car Parking in Hampstead Grove, after 8pm
Last updated 14-Sep-2023